ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Omri Spector" <omri.spec...@actimize.com>
Subject Using mail logger with large builds - improvement?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:01:00 GMT
I perform nightly builds for a fairly large system. I use mail logger
for both success and notification since I want to be sure build ran and
handle any problems asap.
I found that mail logger's notification, which contains the full build
log, is problematic - it encumbers my e-mail.

In my site I improved on this by changing
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger to support an additional
attribute, MailLogger.body, which sends a fixed body.
I then run the build with a fixed body ("Build log can be found at
....") and a logfile to a central directory
(i.e.
ant build.nightly -logfile log\build.log -logger
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger
-DMailLogger.properties.file=nightlybuild.properties

With properties:

MailLogger.failure.to=me@a.com
MailLogger.success.to=me@b.com
MailLogger.mailhost=blabla
MailLogger.from=Nightly-Build
MailLogger.body=Nightly build log can be found at
\\\\win-build-1\\build\\log\\build.log
)

This works nicely for me, and I think is a nice feature.

Is anybody interested in the fixed class? Can this help other people?
(assuming it is helpful) Does anybody know how I can submit this to the
ant project?

Omri Spector
Java Team Leader

Actimize LTD.