ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r349633 - in /ant/core/trunk: docs/manual/CoreTypes/ src/etc/testcases/types/resources/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/ src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:17:25 GMT
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW, doesn't this type negate the need for the
> "javaresource" and "classpath" attributes and nested
> <classpath> elements of <url>?  ;)

To tell the truth I forgot they were there.

When I modified loadproperties I quickly looked over the list of
built-in resources to find the name of the type for resources read
from the CLASSPATH and no, it never occured to me that <url> could do
that.  I was surprised not to find one and added javaresource.

I discovered <url> could do it after the fact, but still think
javaresource is the better way to go (probably others don't tie
ClassLoader.getResource() with URLs either).  And javaresource already
supports classpathref and loaderref 8-)

Stefan