ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r357117 - in /ant/core/trunk/src: main/org/apache/tools/ant/util/ testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/util/
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:37:50 GMT
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Steve Loughran <> wrote:

> ahh, you just obsoleted the chapter on XML processing I wrote
> earlier in the week :-(

Yeah, I read you had finished it, so that's why I changed the class.

Seriously, I'm sorry, but I really needed NS support.  MSBuild not
even requires the build file to declare the namespace, it even instist
that it has to be the default namespace - go figure.

> actually <echoxml> has some more quirks

I didn't touch echoxml, you'll have to modify the task to take
advantage of NS support in DOMElementWriter.

> I'm still going to advocate echo with an encoding and CDATA section
> for complex XML.

I have an example of using just that in the <msbuild> manual for the
1.6 compatible version.  I don't there has been an encoding attribute
to echo in Ant 1.6.5, or am I wrong?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message