ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Importing and caching build files from a URL
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:36:50 GMT
You could just do this:

<get src="http://${myhost}/commons.xml" dest="${user.home}/.ant/commons.xml"
usetimestamp="true"/>
<import file="${user.home}/.ant/commons.xml"/>

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:jalberto@cellectivity.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:27 AM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: RE: Importing and caching build files from a URL

We could add some macro task that copies the resources into a cache directory and then applies
the <import> from there.

What this would mean is that all the "relative" stuff will be relative to the cache location.
Something like:

<fetchimport cache=dir>
  <resource href="http:...."/>
</fetchimport>

The macro will use <get> to put it in the cache and then use import on the content of
the cache.

Would that make sense you think?

Jose Alberto

TIAA-CREF