ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Global reply (Re: [VOTE-REPOST] Promote the Antunit Antlib out of the sandbox)
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:09:35 GMT
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Kev Jackson <> wrote:

> Given that there's already a NAnt for .Net development, and that
> Microsoft have decided to write their own build tool (MSBuild), I
> don't really see much point in having a .Net task for Ant.

It makes sense in a mixed language project where you want one tool to
drive the full build.  And in my case I can say that Ant's <csc>,
<wsdl2dotnet> and <nunit> tasks worked better on Mono than NAnt ever
did when I developed .NET code on a Mac.

> The only usefulness in the ant lib would come when developing a
> cross-platform/multi-platform app where you want to build everything
> with one tool in which case Ant could be used to build for example a
> server side component in Java and a client side component in .net

Or the other way around. 8-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message