ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guidelines for executing delegate tasks?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:38:53 GMT
First of all, what you describe is what I've mentioned in
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=112059354923802&w=2> and
yes, using perform looks like the problem here.

I'd be +1 to switching to execute in this case.

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Jeffrey E. Care <carej@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> So, getting to the point, is there a general policy regarding
> "execute"/"perform" for delegate task instances?

I don't think there is.  We've mentioned the difference between
perform an execute in context with TaskContainers.  "If you want build
events from the "delegate" tasks, use perform, otherwise use execute",
would be my advice, but I may be overlooking something.

Stefan