ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding new antlibs to the sandbox
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 05:05:37 GMT
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> How do I add a new antlib to the sandbox?
>
> Every antlib appears to be its own SVN project, and I am suddenly
> out of my depth in SVN use.

OK, here is what I've done so far:

(1) check in your antlib somewhere under sandbox/antlibs and create
    the usual tags/branches/trunk structure.  Add you code to trunk.

(2) If you want to use the common micro-buildsystem of the other
    antlibs, add an external to the trunk directory like this:

stefan@www:~/ASF/ant/ant-svn/sandbox/antlibs/antunit/trunk> svn proplist -v .
Properties on '.':
  svn:externals : common          http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/antlibs/common/trunk

    and a build.xml that imports common/build.xml.

We could add some sort of all-trunks directory consisting of externals
pointing to the trunks of all antlibs in addition, like
jakarta-commons does, but this is not there yet.

Stefan