ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@grafidog.com>
Subject Re: AntUnit
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:06:16 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>Might just need an "add(AntUnit)" method in AntUnit itself.
>>

>Interesting idea.
>

>>3. a way to disable individual tests or disable entire suites.
>>

>In JUnit I tend to do so by simply changing the name of the method
>(prefix with no) and even in NUnit which supports an [Ignore]
>attribute to disable text I find myself commenting out the [Test]
>attribute more often than adding the ignore one.  But that could be
>me.
>
>I wouldn't want to add any new attributes to <target> and would want
>to keep all information inside of the build file under test instead of
>the antunit task.  Given those constraints, I don't see how we could
>add an ignore feature.  Any ideas?
>
>Stefan

Sorry, I wasn't real clear when I said "disable individual tests".  I
was meaning at a file level, not at a target level.  Something like this:

    <property name="do_full_test" value="true"/>
    <property name="do_quick_test" value="false"/>
    <au:antunit name="testgroup1" enabled="${do_full_test}">
       <fileset .../>
       <au:listener/>
    </au:antunit>
    <au:antunit name="testgroup2" enabled="${do_quick_test}">
       <fileset .../>
       <au:listener/>
    </au:antunit>

Dale