ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof ...@kruithof.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: AntUnit
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:29:36 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>I'd not be opposed against making antunit part of the core, but so far
>it hasn't attracted enough committers to even leave the sandbox.  And
>the six months probation time is over, BTW.
>
>Stefan

I think the using / maintaining by ourselves is more of a chicken and
egg problem
- We do not really need it for our "outside ant" activities
- We cannot really use it for our "inside ant" activities as it is in
the sandbox.
- We do not maintain it as we do not use it, and it is in the sandbox.

I am in favour of
1) moving antunit part of the core
2) start using this testing strategy by the tests of core.

We sould only do 1 if we want to do 2 (and I think we want to do 2)
And we should only do 2 after we have done 1.

If we start doing 2 I am sure there will be enough committers.

Martijn