ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Kruithof <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntUnit
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 05:51:00 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

>--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>After bootstrapping, yes.  There is no circular
>>dependency since you
>>don't need antunit to build Ant, only to test it.
>>

>How does Ant know where to get antunit?  From SVN?
>Using what? The svn antlib?  How does Ant know where
>to get _that_? ;) I wonder if the maven2 tasks could
>be helpful here...
>
>-Matt

What would be the reason to not move antunit to the core ant distribution,
as soon as we start using antunit from the core ant distribution, even
if it is
only for testing, the task should not be in the sandbox, and I would say
we have better candidates to be moved to separate libraries.
(for instance all scm tasks)
Martijn