ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@grafidog.com>
Subject XmlProperty, AntUnit, questions
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:16:10 GMT
Several questions at once, they sort of led one to another...

First question(s) --
I wanted to use the XmlProperty task.  I have a custom task that
provides some xml as output in a property.  The XmlProperty task only
reads from a file, so I needed to write my property value to a file so I
could read it back in with XmlProperty, which seems like an unnecessary
step.  It's a pretty simple modification to XmlProperty to allow it to
accept xml in a property rather than a file.  Is there any interest in
this modification? Or would this question be better placed on the user list?

Second question --
I went ahead and made the modifications to XmlProperty to read from a
property, and thought to submit a patch.  A while back, I wrote some
unit test tasks and use them a lot for testing custom tasks.  These are
a lot easier and faster to write than the junit tests.  I just can't
seem to get motivated to actually write a junit test for an Ant task,
and I recalled that Stefan had mentioned that he'd wrote some unit
testing tasks also.  A quick google found them in the Ant Sandbox area
as AntUnit.  Would it be acceptable to submit a patch to a core task
that included a unit test that uses the AntUnit library?

And last question, for Stefan --
Do you want any help with AntUnit?  I see you've set the compatibility
level for Ant 1.7.  I commented out one line so I can run it with Ant 1.6.5.

Thanks,

Dale