ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Global reply (Re: [VOTE-REPOST] Promote the Antunit Antlib out of the sandbox)
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:05:43 GMT
>>Shall the antunit antlib be promoted?

[X] Yes (i.e. +1)
    [] and I want to become a committer to it [ ] No

Testing tasks in an easy way should not be part of the hidden corner
;-).

>>Shall the svn antlib be promoted?

[X] Yes (i.e. +1)
    [X] and I want to become a committer to it [] No

CVS* are core tasks and SVN is the follower. So we should have a
standard solution.

>>Shall the .NET antlib be promoted?

[] Yes (i.e. +1)
    [] and I want to become a committer to it [ ] No

+0
Dont know the antlib and dont know .NET - but I dont want to be a
obstacle here.
But: if we start with .NET, why not C/C++, Cobol, ... Maybe it would be
better
in AntContrib?

I see two ways:
- Ant focuses on java language --> no .NET in Ant --> .NET in
Ant-Contrib
- Ant openes for other languages --> can we integrate AntContrib?
  (just for strategic thoughts; license and commitership has to be
checked)

Jan