ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing and caching build files from a URL
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:27:16 GMT
> I believe that 'hierarchy' is a feature of protocols within a URL, which
> ftp, http, jar, file: support, but things like urn: uuid: that handle
> system thing, they dont.

I don't believe the JDK and the URL class support these other
protocols out-of-the-box either ;-) The RFC mentioned in the Javadocs
for URL uses <path>, but I don't know what it means precisely. I
checked only file: and http:, but in practical terms, it sounds to me
that the behavior of this particular URL Ctor must be grounded in some
standard, no? I'm no internet RFC guru ;-) --DD