ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing and caching build files from a URL
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:17:09 GMT
> We could add some macro task that copies the resources into a cache directory and then
applies the <import> from there.

> What this would mean is that all the "relative" stuff will be relative to the cache location.
Something like:

> <fetchimport cache=dir>
>  <resource href="http:...."/>
> </fetchimport>
>
> The macro will use <get> to put it in the cache and then use import on the content
of the cache.

I think it wouldn't solve the relative issues, no? Once in the cache,
we'd have basically flatened the resources, no? Consider
http://foo/bar.xml importing http://foo/bar/baz.xml. We hrefs, we'd
have bar.xml <import href="bar/baz.xml">, but if you fetch both into a
cache dir, they'd sit next to each other in the file system, no?

I'm more in favor of <import> supporting URLs directly I think, if at all. --DD