ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <>
Subject Re: Parallel processing option for subant?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:14:04 GMT
This may sound naive, but honestly I would not expect many.

Ant already has the <parallel> task, which of course is running things in
other threads; additionally in the WAS build tools we already have what is
essentially the equivalent to a parallel subant, and it's working fine.

Would you expect a lot of threading-related errors from the Ant core
classes? If so what areas in particular are you worried about?

Jeffrey E. Care (
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

Steve Loughran <>
10/11/2005 05:24 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Developers List"

Ant Developers List <>

Re: Parallel processing option for subant?

Jeffrey E Care wrote:
> All:
> I have been considering enhancing the <subant> task to allow it to
> builds in parallel. I'm willing to make the changes & submit a patch for

> review, but I wanted to gauge interest & solicit comments first.

I could see how it could be interesting in some use cases. But I worry
about thread safety. You'll be fielding all race condition bugreps I
presume ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: