ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Quick question about properties
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:05:49 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:
> Peter Reilly wrote:
>> At one stage, the import task behaved as if
>> it was added at the end of the build file. This was an
>> unexpected consequence (bug!) of the initial implementation.
>> This was changed (I think) in 1.6.1 or 1.6.2, so that the import behaved
>> as if it was inline. I have just checked the manual for the
>> <import> task and can see no reference to imported files
>> being added to the end of the file. Can you point out where
>> you have seen this reference so that it can be modified.
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
> Yeah, I'm sure I read it on the FAQ - but it was a while ago, and I
> should really have noticed this...
> <quote>
> "With this path, the imported buildfile can keep resources and be able
> to reference them <em>relative to its position.</em>"
> </quote>
> Having said that...
> 1."Import files are effectively appended to the tail of the build file
> (it’s a depth-first import, BTW)"
>  From Steve Loughran's slides :)

OK. they were tail first, and I have stated that fact both in the draft
and in the big projects chapter of the second edition of Java
development with Ant. Which means that I have bit of editing to do on
the CVS-managed copies of that chapter. I've been trying to finish that
chapter since august, and was just getting to the end of the maven2
libraries bit, and now I have to go back to and review it. sigh.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message