ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: Quick question about properties
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:12:33 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:

>At one stage, the import task behaved as if
>it was added at the end of the build file. This was an
>unexpected consequence (bug!) of the initial implementation.
>This was changed (I think) in 1.6.1 or 1.6.2, so that the import behaved
>as if it was inline. I have just checked the manual for the
><import> task and can see no reference to imported files
>being added to the end of the file. Can you point out where
>you have seen this reference so that it can be modified.
>Thanks,
>Peter

Yeah, I'm sure I read it on the FAQ - but it was a while ago, and I
should really have noticed this...

<quote>

"With this path, the imported buildfile can keep resources and be able
to reference them <em>relative to its position.</em>"

</quote>

Having said that...

1."Import files are effectively appended to the tail of the build file
(it’s a depth-first import, BTW)"

 From Steve Loughran's slides :)

Kev