ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <>
Subject Re: Quick question about properties
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:36:18 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Kev Jackson <> wrote:
>>However if I try to run the project buildfile (./build.xml), none of
>>the properties are available (quick checks with echo just give me
>>variables instead of expanded properties).
>This is not what I've seen in the past.  Properties declared in the
>imported build file just worked as expected.  Are you sure your
>property file is loaded at all?
Yes the properties file is being loaded (just rechecked now).  It seems
to be a problem if I reference a property from the common properties
file within the project specific file.  Eg

With the same build.xml files

<!-- global project properties -->
<property file="common/" />

<property file="" />
<import file="common/build.xml" />

The output from ./build.xml...

     [echo] ${lib.dir}/commons-and-misc/ant-contrib-1.0b1.jar
     [echo] com.ftsvn
  [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource
net/sf/antcontrib/antcontri It could not be found.

I'll try to build a simple couple of test build files to demonstrate the
behaviour in an independent way

Again sorry to bother anyone

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: