ant-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Bus Error - custom task/type - when using taglib.xml
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:27:14 GMT
Jack Woehr wrote:
> Robert Koberg wrote:
>
>> * a random hang (build stops with no error/exception) when running in
>> -verbose mode
>>
>> * a random Bus Error when not in -verbose mode.
>

> Neither Ant nor any pure Java application does bus errors. They can only
> come from a bug
> the Java VM itself or libraries (either JDK or third-party) using native
> code.

OK. Apple just doesn't like java :)

Strange though that this only comes up with Ant (from what I could find
through google). I have not had problems loading XML files from jars or
using namespaces in XML processing (the only thing different when using
the taglib.xml). I wonder if it has to do with Ant's non-standard way of
dealing with namespaces??

How would you report this to Apple?

thanks,
-Rob