ant-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Bus Error - custom task/type - when using taglib.xml
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:50:07 GMT
Hi,

I have some custom tasks and types. They work fine when I declare them
in the build file. But if I use package specific taglib.xml's and
reference them by namespace in the build file I get:

* a random hang (build stops with no error/exception) when running in
-verbose mode

* a random Bus Error when not in -verbose mode.

By random I mean the hang/error occurs at different places in the build
once targets get called (the projects is initialized).

I have seen some bug reports about this dealing wiht custom tasks/types
and it seems to occur only on Mac OS X (I am using 10.4.2 - the latest)
with JDK 1.5.0. I don't know if this is just a failing on Apples part or
if it points to something deeper.

Is there something known to cause this problem?

I don't know how to track this down. Any ideas?

thanks,
-Rob