ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: AW: Bootstrapping on Solaris does not work because of <chmod>
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:34:33 GMT
>> Just an idea - are there any downloadable vm-images for free OSes,
>> like Linux, OpenSolaris, FreeBSD, ...?
>> Maybe we could provide the used images.
>
>vmware have just announced a free runtime; people wth the full
>copy need
>to create the images but any windows or linux/x86 will run them. So we
>could create a few, you just need to serve 2gb images up somehow
>(bittorrent?)

Yeah, just read that there is a VMWare Player [1] and also some VMWare images
on Virtual Machine Center [2]. Some provided images are available after registration
(like BEA, Oracle 10g, ...) and other are free (e.g. Browser Appliance [3]).

The player is round about 28 MB and the BrowserAppliance image 200 MB.

HavenĀ“t found a hint on the VMware website, but maybe they accept "3rd-party-images" ...

Jan

[1] http://www.vmware.com/download/player/
[2] http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/
[3] http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/browserapp.html