ant-dev mailing list archives

From Yves Martin <yves.mar...@elca.ch>
Subject Re: Task writing: generic type support
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:16:44 GMT
Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> writes:

>>  I have also found another issue in my code: my 'typedef' is done in a "child"
>>  Ant Project... not in the parent Ant Project which uses this type.
>>  Is there a "standard" way to propagate typedef/taskdef/antlib from a project
>>  to another project ? Of course, I have access to ClassLoader and anything I
>>  want...
>
> you need to use <import> to pull the child build file into your project, not
> <ant>.

  Thank you for this option but it is not enough for me.

  My issue comes from my build system architecture:

  - a main Ant project parse a XML configuration file which is a Ant build file
    itself, and where I would like to make available custom DataType in a
    specific antlib/namespace

  - a plugin is a Ant project which is able to do anything it wants. Like
    taskdef and typedef...

  The plugin project has been "forked" from the main Ant project. How can I
  (programmatically speaking) transfer taskdef/typedef from the plugin project
  to the main project ?

 Regards,
--
Yves Martin