ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Antlib autoloading (was Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:00:11 GMT
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<> wrote:

> Now, for backward compatibility and for convinience in general, one
> would like to be able to put in the -lib directories a bunch of
> antlib jars and that all their tasks get declared automatically as
> part of the default name space.

Steve's approach would allow you to load them into different
namespaces.  I don't see that much benefit over <typedef
resource="..."/> in his case, though.

> So, any ideas how this could be acomplished?

Load all resources from META-INF/antlib.xml at startup and process
them, I'd say.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message