ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r292420 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Expand.java
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:57:26 GMT
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- bodewig@apache.org wrote:
> [SNIP]
>> Log:
>> empty collection != no collection - found by Gump
>> and the jline build
>
> IIRC I had handled similar issues by lazily
> initializing the internal RC (here Union) and testing
> for null.  :)

Yes, I understand that now.

And I understand why you could live with using Resources - it throws
an exception on size() if it doesn't contain any resource collections.
That's one of the main reasons that made me switch to Union.

I guess I have to revisit all my changes and switch to lazy
initialization as well.

Stefan