ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suggestion refactor SCM
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:15:44 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2005, at 06:39, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> I'd also agree with that. We fully intended to make Maven2 plugins
>> work as Ant tasks :)
>>
>> So with a wrapper,
>> http://maven.apache.org/maven2/scm/maven-scm-plugin/
>> these goals would become tasks and their parameters would match up
>> what's on the individual pages.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> Just a worry about dependencies.  If Ant has to rely on other code  from
> within maven for a set of maven plugins to run, we end up with a
> horrible interdependency (Maven needs Ant <-> Ant needs some % of
> Maven) just to compile ant.  Could get nasty.  But I agree if the  work
> is there and the code can be taken and made common between  projects,
> why not?

Not needed to build, only to run the SCM stuff. I'm already working with
stuff from many places, which is the main reason my gump projects are so
unreliable (that and the XmlBeans willingness to remove attributes from
shipping tasks, but the forthcoming <hasMethod> condition will deal with
that)

<project name="sftasks"
   xmlns:ac="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib"
   xmlns:sf="antlib:org.smartfrog.tools.ant"
   xmlns:m2="antlib:org.apache.maven.artifact.ant"

One thing we do have to have is ant task tests in maven, which means
that the ant team has to put the ant-testutils.jar up on the repository,
and work out how to run those tests under m2