ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating antlibs from taskdefs.optional.*
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:10:45 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

>> nope, you havent missed anything.
>>
>> I think we may want to extend the antlib with some extra stuff to ease
>> installation
>>  -declaration of libraries that must be present (tests for classes)
>>  -declare minimum or required ant versions
>>
> you mean something like
>
> <antlib>
> <ant required="1.6">

clearly we wouldnt reuse existing names of stuff. indeed, the names
should be

<antversion>
  <required>
</required>
</antversion>

with no support for declaring point version or alpha/beta release (where
it gets complex, that and private build

> <libs required="commons-logging">

no, more a test for a class existing. Actually, if you could put <fail>
into an antlib, available and typefound and the like can do most of the
work.

  <fail>
   <condition><not><available class="commons.logging.log"
/></not></condition>
   You need commons logging
</fail>