ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject Re: Creating antlibs from taskdefs.optional.*
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:16:31 GMT

> nope, you havent missed anything.
>
> I think we may want to extend the antlib with some extra stuff to ease
> installation
>  -declaration of libraries that must be present (tests for classes)
>  -declare minimum or required ant versions

you mean something like

<antlib>
 <ant required="1.6">
 <libs required="commons-logging">

So now I've got a ccm antlib (ant-ccm.jar), and the refactored (ie moved
to ant-sandbox/antlibs/ccm) source code + a basic antlib.xml, the next
step would be to test it (and remove the old task from ant core I suppose).

Is this of any value or should I quit now that I'm ahead?

Kev