ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating antlibs from taskdefs.optional.*
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:58:44 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested in the amount of effort it would take to create an antlib
> from one of the current optional taskdefs.  For example ccm (Continuus).
>
> I"m using the svn, antunit and dotnet antlibs source as guidance, and it
> seems like all that is needed is an antlib.xml file and a target in a
> build file to compile just the antlib code and create a jar.  Is it
> really that simple?
>
> For ccm, a basic antlib.xml would be similar to...
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!--
> Copyright  2005 The Apache Software Foundation
>
>  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>  limitations under the License.
> -->
> <antlib>
>  <taskdef
>    name="Continuus"
>    classname="org.apache.ant.taskdefs.optional.ccm.Continuus"
>   />
>     <taskdef
>     name="CCMCheckin"
>     classname="org.apache.ant.taskdefs.optional.ccm.CCMCheckin"
>   />
>
>   <taskdef
>     name="CCMCheckout"
>     classname="org.apache.ant.taskdefs.optional.ccm.CCMCheckout"
>   />
> </antlib>
>
> Or have I missed something?

nope, you havent missed anything.

I think we may want to extend the antlib with some extra stuff to ease
installation
  -declaration of libraries that must be present (tests for classes)
  -declare minimum or required ant versions

but that is secondary, and could be done with some extra antlib components