ant-dev mailing list archives

From JP Fiset ...@fiset.ca>
Subject Fileset and Custom Fileset in Ant 1.7
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:30:44 GMT
I am interested in developing a custom fileset. After reading the mail
archives, it appears that much work is currently happening to allow
custom file sets in 1.7.  Looking at the trunk implementation, I see
that this change will affect all fileset-based tasks.

Can anyone comment on the impact of those changes as to the
compatibility of fileset-based tasks between 1.6 and 1.7?

After reviewing the code (without testing my assumptions), it looks like:
1. Fileset-based tasks written to take advantage of ResourceCollection
instead of FileSet will not run in Ant prior to 1.7
2. Fileset-based tasks written prior to 1.7 (dependent on FileSet) will
not be able to support custom file sets, even if running in 1.7

Are my assumptions right?

JP