ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: corrupt jar files and javac
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:58:24 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> I would guess from this trace that there is a bad JAR file somewhere in
> my (long, convoluted, m2-tasks created) classpath, something breaking
> javac.
>
> the problem of course is that javac isnt helpful enough to tell me which
> file. I have tried unzipping everything, but of course, ant's <unzip>
> task doesnt complain at all, and nor, apparently, does <jar> and <exec
> executable="jar" />.
>
> what else do I have to track this down?
>
> compile:
>    [depend] The class
> org.smartfrog.services.deployapi.transport.config.Axis2ServiceImpl_Stub
> in file
> /home/slo/Projects/SmartFrog/Forge/core/components/deployapi/build/classes/org/smartfrog/services/deployapi/transport/config/Axis2ServiceImpl_Stub.class

> is out of date due to
> org.smartfrog.services.deployapi.transport.config.Axis2Service but has
> not been deleted because its source file could not be determined
> [core:javac] Compiling 13 source files to
> /home/slo/Projects/SmartFrog/Forge/core/components/deployapi/build/classes
> [core:javac] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
> [core:javac]     at
> java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:122)
> [core:javac]     at

The corruption is caused by duplicate .class files in the JAR.
Fortunately it was one of my projects, and by changing the presetdef for
jar to default="preserve" and rebulding it went away. If the defect was
in a JAR file that I was autoloading from the network repositories, I
would have been stuffed.

Why dont we set default="preserve" rather than default="add" on the zip
tasks, on the basis that it may break BC, but it is probably a bug to
have this problem anyway?

-steve