ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Antlib autoloading
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:02:48 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
>>I hadnt thought about autoloading; I am happy with explicit loading
>>of stuff into their own namespaces, but want to make it easier for
>>projects to get access to my definitions (or even importable
> How do you like this
> xmlns:foo="antlib:file:///some/absolute/"
> xmlns:foo="antlib:file:some/relative/"

yes, both interesting

> xmlns:foo="antlib:"

this scaers me, as people will assume that we are doing a download...

> xmlns:foo="antlib:resource:/org/apache/ant/antunit/antlib.xml"

yes, this I like.

I also like DD's idea of letting me import something on the classpath.
Something like

<import resource="projects/something/core.xml" classpathref="app.path" />

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message