ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: task namespaces
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:39:55 GMT
jfuller@ruminate.co.uk wrote:
> Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote ..
>
>>Peter Reilly wrote:
>>
>>>To allow easy use, the nested elements caused by java reflection on
>>>objects are placed in two namespaces - the default ant namespace (antlib:
>>>org.apache.tools.ant)
>>>and the namespace of the object that holds the nested element.
>

> I wonder what this means re XML Namespace specification....its obviously not possible
to declare 2 default namespaces via markup.

> also, without going through the spec explicitly I am unsure if an element can legally
exist in 2 namespaces at once.

> this is one for xml-dev no doubt;
>
> as an aside, my build systems operate on and consume a wide variety of markup with many
processors (Ant being one of them)... I tend to explicitly declare my default namespaces to
ensure disambiguation.

> cheers, Jim Fuller

I have a build process that patches xsd files to deal with different
interpretations of the ##other namespace between xerces and .net. nobody
understands namespaces consistently.