ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject task namespaces
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:01:31 GMT

I know separate namespace work is optional, but once you start on it it,
it is more manageable. For this reason, the next edition of
java-dev-with-ant will use namespaces everywhere too, except for the
bits where I dont understand what is going on. Actually, I am slowly
building up model. Nested stuff is the troublespot

-declare task <mytask> in namespace n1:
-declare type <mytest> extends Condition in namespace n1:

If mytask has a nested element <action>, and it also supports multiple
nested conditions, is this how it looks

<n1:mytask>
	<action>this action is a direct element; default NS or local ns?</action>
	<http url="this-is-a-condition-from-Ant; default NS" />
         <n1:mytest>this is my new test, in the new ns</n1:mytest>
</n1:mytask>

What confuses me here is that the ns of a nested element (not a type, an
element) is what? local? or Ant's main ns?

-steve