ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: programmatically creating and marshalling antfiles
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:24:51 GMT
jonathan gold wrote:

> hi. i'm getting back to this now, and saw that there were a few more
> route. the problem is that i have many modules interacting to build a
> project, and it's difficult, though not impossible, to do this with DOM,
> as i am now. it's not the DOM that makes it hard -- but the lack of
> typing, thus the desire to use the java objects, with their convenient
> accessors and access to the current project structure and type safety.

ahh, you are in the "O/X mapping is soluble camp", I see.

You could use Xom and provide classes (and a builder) for the core Ant
things (project, target, core tasks) that map typed get/set to
attribute/element manipulation of the nodes. This is what I do in my
projects, and while it takes effort, it works well with XPath/Jaxen

-steve