ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: enhancement for PropertyFile, have a patch
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:03:14 GMT
Hello Phil,
I wonder whether, instead of patching PropertyFile, you should not study
how the <filterchain/> framework works and implement the functionalitiy
of propertyfile
as a filter. Then it should be possible to change the implementation of
propertyfile to make it use filters.
To my opinion, all tasks which we have which are manipulating text files
should be rewritten around filters. This would avoid code duplication.
And make the functionality of property file available on the fly.

Phil Hourihane wrote:

>Hi folks,
>I hope I am getting the etiquette right for this; I am
>a new body on the list.
>The PropertyFile (optional) task allows a script to
>alter an existing properties file, but all comments
>and layout are lost. This doesn't get a mention in
>bugzilla. I have an enhancement which retains layout
>and comments when writing a properties file, with
>accompanying tests.
>I have a patch for the affected files, and there are a
>few new files (util class, test class, and test data)
>as well.
>Do the group want the enhancement? Or more detail from
>me? Shall I post the patch and new files? Any feedback
>is welcome.
>Philip Hourihane

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: