ant-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ant Wiki] Update of "AntOddities" by NamelessUser
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:33:50 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ant Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by NamelessUser:
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/AntOddities

  ''I'm confused. I was told that Java (static typing, compiled to bytecodes, etc.) is a totally
different language than JavaScript (dynamic typing, interpreted, etc.). Are we using Java
for scripting here ? Or are we actually using JavaScript ? Or both ?''

+ ''AFAICT, the scripting language is EmcaScript (aka JavaScript), but a java binding layer
was added so that the java script can create and manuipulate java objects.''
  === How to import classes which are '''not''' on Ant´s classpath? ===

  Ok, now we can use Ant´s classes and the whole javax.*-stuff. But if I need some custom
classes? For example I have to create a reverse sorted list of files. Getting the list of
files is no problem. Sorting can be done by java.util.TreeSet. But I need a custom Comparator
which does the specific comparison. So I implement one and store it in ${basedir}/ext.