ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: my local version of <copy> supports filesystem resources now
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:45:57 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Matt Benson
> <> wrote:
> > I'd like to revisit this after your changes are
> > committed.
> Sure.

This was RE Copy/filesystem only.  I agree that move
should work this way.  We don't know how to move
non-file resources.  We do know how to copy non-file
resources.  I would think we could also sync them...
but that would be later.  Now, accepting that we have
these protected ( >:( ) members to support, I suppose
my chosen approach would be to duplicate the file maps
as private resource maps w/ protected accessors.
Remove the check for filesystem-only, replace in
validateAttributes ONLY as a call to:

protected void validate(ResourceCollection rc) {
    if (getClass().equals(Copy.class)
        || rc.isFilesystemOnly()) {
    throw new BuildException(
        "Only filesystem resources are supported.");

Subclasses can override this when appropriate.

Then we change the copy logic to call some form of

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message