ant-dev mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: task namespaces
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:44:16 GMT
Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote ..
> I suppose there is nothing to stop us having a specific handler for
> unknown XML elements in targets or in project, with the default handler
> saying "this is unknown", but other configs handling it differently.
> Maybe it could be per-namespace instead, so if you want to add an RDF
> handler, that is your perogative. But we dont want to be a generic XML
> thing like cocoon, for that is their job.

I think at a minimum all that is needed is a new property or commandline switch which enables
or disables strict Ant processing of xml markup e.g. allowing us to have rich xml documents
with embedded Ant markup.

I also like the the per namespace approach; I have a block of time later on this week to knock
out the first step, will give it a go.

cheers, Jim Fuller