ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: task namespaces
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:53:24 GMT
Steve Loughran <> wrote ..
> I have a build process that patches xsd files to deal with different
> interpretations of the ##other namespace between xerces and .net. nobody
> understands namespaces consistently.

yes and within the XML community the problems (with namespace interpretation) that xerces
and .net have with namespaces are well known.

re XSD, i use it as a final format..generating it from RelaxNG/Schematron/XSLT when needed,
otherwise i dont touch the stuff.

I think Ant's approach to namespaces is realistic enough....though once u start embedding
Ant markup within other XML composite documents things can get tricky...of course we can just
transform to that last step then let Ant process...
Ant of course rejects consuming anything other then what it expects....which gets irksome
after awhile but not really an issue.

cheers, Jim Fuller

View raw message