ant-dev mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: task namespaces
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:18:33 GMT
Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote ..
> Peter Reilly wrote:
> > To allow easy use, the nested elements caused by java reflection on
> > objects are placed in two namespaces - the default ant namespace (antlib:
> > org.apache.tools.ant)
> > and the namespace of the object that holds the nested element.

I wonder what this means re XML Namespace specification....its obviously not possible to declare
2 default namespaces via markup.

also, without going through the spec explicitly I am unsure if an element can legally exist
in 2 namespaces at once.

this is one for xml-dev no doubt;

as an aside, my build systems operate on and consume a wide variety of markup with many processors
(Ant being one of them)... I tend to explicitly declare my default namespaces to ensure disambiguation.

cheers, Jim Fuller