ant-dev mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: task namespaces
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:49:41 GMT
Phil Weighill Smith <phil.weighill-smith@volantis.com> wrote ..
> Jim,
>
> What you've said sounds wrong to me; <action/> and <http/> are in the
> "default namespace" (a declared namespace that has no prefix), whatever
> that has been defined to be.

which is why I said old chestnut...and responded in the way I did to make a point.

> This could be the same as n1 if the URI for n1 is also associated with
> the default namespace, but that seems unlikely.

the only way those unprefixed elements are in some other namespace is if it is declared at
some encapsulating parent element.

for example;

<project xmlns="http://www.example.org/someanturi">

<n1:mytask>

<action/>
<http/>

</n1:mytask>

</project>

otherwise, if an xmlns declaration does not exist those elements belong to n1:  namespace.

hth, Jim Fuller