ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: AW: -lib and IDEs
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:33:18 GMT
Eclipse 3.1 WTP handles imports fine.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:ddevienne@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 10:25 AM
To: 'Ant Developers List'
Subject: RE: AW: -lib and IDEs

> From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
>
> I'm thinking more of automatically pulling the entire set of files in
> directory, even if that (SCM-managed) dir changes.
>
> I'm trying to put together our plan for an ant1.7-only build process,
> and am working out how best to manage lib and antlib dependencies. We
> can tell everyone to set ant args to -lib .../smartfrog/core/ant/lib
,
> and then roll out updates to files automatically, but I guess IDEs
still
> need hand-nurturing.

They do, and it's a pain IMHO. Some (all?) also don't understand
<import>
properly, at least not when there are properties involved. My builds
start
out as:

<project name="foo" ...>
  <property environment="env" />
  <import file="${env.BUILDTOOLS}/config/module.xml" />
</project>

and for sure IntelliJ doesn't list the target which are not explicitly
in
foo, i.e. ignores all targets from the imported module.xml. Does any
other
IDE deals with this correctly?

Maybe the need the notion of an import path, which would allow IDEs to
lookup imported builds. I think it's been proposed before. --DD

TIAA-CREF