ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: -lib and IDEs
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:48:47 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Eclipse 3.1:
> - Run | External Tools | External Tools...
> - Classpath
> - Add External Jars...
> - <Select multiple Jars>
>   -- choose the directory
>   -- click into the list
>   -- Ctrl-A (select all)
>   -- open
> - Apply
>

> Only a few clicks more to "-lib".
> And I´m not sure if you have that to do for each Ant-Run-Configuration or if you could
specify that globally...

I'm thinking more of automatically pulling the entire set of files in a
directory, even if that (SCM-managed) dir changes.

I'm trying to put together our plan for an ant1.7-only build process,
and am working out how best to manage lib and antlib dependencies. We
can tell everyone to set ant args to -lib .../smartfrog/core/ant/lib  ,
and then roll out updates to files automatically, but I guess IDEs still
need hand-nurturing.

-steve