ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Manual + xdocs etc
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:13:47 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
>>I am interested, but I need to get myself a new laptop to
>>start really working on ant again. My hard disk is nearly dead
>>:(, so I did not use my laptop since shortly after the Ant
>>1.6.5 release.
>

> Good luck :-)
>

>>I think we should reorder the existing docs along the
>>structure which I think Erik Hatcher had conceived and which
>>is incarned by the @ant.category tags in the source code (scm,
>>packaging, ...).
>

> A "complete" list of these tags would be helpful ...

you can work it out yourself by running a build in proposal/xdocs,
though you do have to ramp up -Xmx to 512m or more.

incidentally, on the subject of -Xmx stuff, should we have <java> double
its memory allowances on a 64 bit system? I hear the footprint of java
code there is bigger, what with all the pointers and things. Maybe we
need a memory multipler magic property that is 1 by default on a 32 bit
box, 2 on a 64 bit system#