ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@well.com>
Subject Re: programmatically creating and marshalling antfiles
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:01:41 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> Even if you could retro-fit every task out there with getters,
>   -what about overloaded set operatons? which one should the get return?
>   -what about property assignments. Tasks get their setters with
> properties expanded.

Hmm. Ah, well. Writing out the project seems to be a fairly obvious
functionality in comparison
to some of the exotic functionality of Ant. I guess it's just one of
those things which in hindsight
the design should have accomodated, but which are difficult to retrofit
given that the design
did not so accomodate.

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # Please change your address book listing
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   # for me to "jax@well.com" for all email.