ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <>
Subject Re: programmatically creating and marshalling antfiles
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 15:36:31 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

>One of the problems here is that it is not always possible
>to reconstruct the XML for a particular TASK. That is,
>tasks MUST have setXXX methods for every attribute, but there is
>no requirement that they provide a corresponding getXXX.
>Simillar for createXXXX, addXXXX, etc.
>Hence there is no way to given objects created programatically
>to get back what the settings for those objects are.
True, but the process does take place in Antidote, so the back end ...
the output stage ... of such a task ("WriteProject" ?) is already coded.

As for getXXX() .. backing in such a function sounds like a sweep of the
but a clean sweep.

Jack J. Woehr                 # Please change your address book listing
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   # for me to "" for all email.      # DELETE LISTING: ""

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message