ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Fuller <jim.ful...@ruminate.co.uk>
Subject Re: FYI: document the code
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:35:21 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:

>You know that we (for several months :) are discussing about
>autogenerating the manual.
>I think we should have an eye on one of the Apache Google Summer of Code
>projects - RefDoc.
>Maybe we could reuse parts or the whole of it.
>
>See
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112289337320271&w=2
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/gsoc/rgraham/refdoc/

+1

my only worry would be any dep on something as big as cocoon.... (though
current experience using native xml db eXist has been quite good, which
also uses cocoon)

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonRefDocProject

perhaps the reason for this not going forward is not related to the
'how', but agreement on the semantics. I would argue that however 'way'
this happens that a  micro xml format is needed first for describing Ant
tasks, pref one that integrates with existing ant itself. The resultant
doc format can easily be generated using Ant; I think this is an
opportunity much larger then just solving Ant's doc issues. The idea of
the final format being pdf, docbook, xhtml, or whatever in between
format for further processing is trivial.

cheers, Jim Fuller