ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Ashby <...@cashby.me.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] Sorry for the spam...
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:28:50 GMT
> I'm messing around with CVS and trying to discover the latest version of
> a repo in CVS - any CVS guru's around who know is it possible?

There is no concept of a repository version, only of the version associated
with each file.

You can check to see which files are changed from your current version with
a standard CVS update, but not whether a repository as a whole is 'current'

> You can do something similar with svn, but CVS has versions/file.  If
> that's the case I may have to keep a hash of file/version for each file,
> and that sucks

Why do you need a repository version? It's fairly standard CVS practice to
use tagging for release versioning - is this what you requirement is?

Christian Ashby
Spiralinks, Inc.