ant-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion migration?
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:16:44 GMT
On 8/16/05, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Looks like it just needs to go into a core/.
>
> Structure looks fine, although we probably don't need that many tags
> (we can remove them easily) and I wouldn't want to retain any of the
> old branches - their tips are supposed to correspond to a tag anyway.

Easy enough for you guys to remove them later. They don't really cost
anything on the Infra side.

> +1 on the migration, or rather +0.5 since I don't know much help I'm
> going to be right now (adapting to a different timing schema after
> switching jobs).

I can pretty much do it anytime, just need to type a handful of lines
and let the ASF hardware churn for a little bit.

How does next Saturday evening sound, Aug 27th 20:00 EST?

I would:

Make CVS read-only.
Load copy of CVS into SVN.
Copy authentication from CVS to SVN.
Make sure the commit notification looks to be setup correctly.

For a small CVS repository it can be as quick as 30 minutes, for Ant
I'm guessing an hour or two as the larger size means it has to churn
more.

Hen