ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:10:43 GMT
>  2. if you use antlib://org/ex/resource.xml we load in the resource by its full path,
so you dont need multiple packages to have multiple antlib files.
>  I'm not sure about #2; I think it is convenient once you have antlib-only distros (i.e.
inline declaration and script; nothing else), but am not sure about the syntax. Maybe
>  antlib://org.ex/antlib.xml would be better, and more in keeping with WWW URLs; if /antlib.xml
is omitted, we would add it by default.

What's the point of having two antlibs in the same package? I would
much prefer we stick to the simpler auto-magic URIs (in xmlns) we use
for AntLibs. I'm not too fond of your #2 ;-) We should keep things the
way they are, i.e. and that's it IMHO. The
resource can already be specified with an explicit <typedef> no? --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message